Personal information collection and use
You can use this website without having to share information about you. However, certain situations ask that you provide consent for us to collect and use your personal information. Here are these situations:
- When you order a demo or buy a product;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter mailing list;
- When you send a question or comment by email;
- When you access the partner’s area of this site.
Komutel collects and uses the information that you provide, including the information obtained from your usage of this website or of a product or service. We could use or share this personal information (for example, name, address, phone number, email address) in order to conclude a transaction. In addition, we can use the information we collect for internal purposes in order to develop, adapt and improve our products and services. By using our products and services, you acknowledge and accept that Komutel can collect, process and use the information that you provide to us and that such information could be used by Komutel or third parties acting under the direction of Komutel, under confidentiality agreements, in the goal of developing, refining or improving Komutel products and services.
You are free of choosing to pursue or not any activity requiring the collection of personal information.
Communication of personal information to a third party
We commit to never disclose, loan, sell, give or exchange with a third party the personal information of our clients without their prior consent.
Automatically collected and stored information
When you interact with the products or services of Komutel, we can keep a record of the following information:
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address or other technical information like a reference website, if applicable, and the path traveled on Komutels’ websites during an online visit;
- The date and time, as well as the Internet address of the website from which you directly accessed this website;
- The name of the file or the search words and browser used to reach this website;
- The name of malicious applications, files and other potential threats on your computer, their behaviour and their origin;
- The files and the content of files that contain real or potential threats;
- Information about your computer or other applicable device, as well as the number of files and programs in order to let Komutel suggest other products and services (including third party products and services) that might interest you, where appropriate;
- On mobile phones, the phone and SIM card serial numbers as well as the mobile network you are using, but not the phone number. If you have activated the antitheft function, we collect the most recent information about the location of your phone. This information is only used to locate your phone.
Automatically collected and stored information is used to measure the number of visitors on this website as well as identify system performance and server problems. We also resort to this information to extend the coverage of our website and to make it more convenient.
This website employs Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (« Google »). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are small text files stored on your computer that help Komutel analyse the use of the website by its users. The data generated by the cookies about your use of this website (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the United States and stored there. Google takes this information in order to evaluate your usage of the website, generate reports about website activity for the operators of the website and in order to provide further services related to Internet activity and usage. Google may also provide this data to outside parties if this is legally mandated or if such parties process this data for Google, including notably this website’s editor. Under no circumstances will Google link your IP address with other Google data.
Through the use of this website, you give your express consent to the processing of data collected by Google about you in the manner described above and for the purposes previously mentioned.
If you wish that we do not keep this information, the Help module of your browser indicates how to prevent the acceptance of new cookies. However, if you decide to refuse those cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of some products and/or services on this website.
Unsubscribing from the newsletter
If you wish to unsubscribe from Komutel’s newsletter, please take note that each time we send you a newsletter, we give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list using the link located at the bottom of each newsletter. This will enable you to request that no more mailings are sent to you. If you prefer, you can contact us electronically using the following address : firstname.lastname@example.org. You must allow 10 business days for your request to take effect.
If Komutel learns of a security system violation, we will inform you electronically or by other means, if we can, so that you can take the appropriate protective measures. By using this website, a product, a service or by providing personal information, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for security, privacy and administrative reasons in regards to your usage of this website or of Komutels’ products and services. Komutel may publish a notice on this website in the event of a security breach.
Special notice for international visitors and clients
When you provide personal information to Komutel, we may use this data to determine your interests and communicate with you to share fitting information.