Komutel is currently looking for a DevOps/Deployment Specialist for its Operations department located in Saint-Georges (Qc).
Komutel is a software organization that has been in business for over 20 years. During that time, we have built an enviable reputation for providing industry-leading software products to support mission-critical public safety services in communities across Canada. Our clients include Police, Fire, and PSAP agencies, who depend on our software and on our exceptional 24/7 support to keep their communities safe. We in turn, depend on our team of top-notch professionals to deliver to and exceed our clients’ expectations.
This is an exciting time for us! We are currently experiencing significant growth, with increased sales and installations of our software products as well as through M&A. Join us as we continue to innovate, focusing on creative and seamless solutions that allow our employees and our customers to focus on the communities they serve.
Komutel has an exciting opportunity to join our talented and dedicated team!
The DevOps and Deployment Specialist is an IT professional responsible for deploying and supporting mission critical technologies. The successful candidate for this position enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative team environment and interacting with clients. We are seeking a self-starter, who is continually considering ways to improve their own efficiency and the team’s productivity.
Start date: as soon as possible
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary: To confirm
- Company events
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Your main responsibilities as a DevOps
- Building and maintaining Komutel Cloud Platform;
- Defining best-practices, deployment processes, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our multi-tenant AWS environments;
- Building world class infrastructure, solving complex problems at scale, learning new technologies and offering mentorship to other employee;
- Architect, build, and operate AWS environments at scale with well established industry best practices;
- Define, document, and implement standards around the utilization of AWS services;
- Automating infrastructure provisioning, DevOps, and/or continuous integration/delivery;
- Support and maintain AWS services. Work in a highly collaborative team environment;
- Serving as a technical mentor;
- Communicate with customer IT staff for deployment related questions.
- Experience with virtualization tools (VMware) and cloud computing (AWS);
- Experience with Active Directory or LDAP environments;
- Experience building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS at scale;
- Extensive experience with
- Terraform and/or AWS Cloudformation infrastructure as code tools;
- Ansible and/or AWS System Manager IT automation tools;
- Docker and Containers orchestrators (Kubernetes and/or AWS ECS);
- Bash and Powershell scripting languages;
- Jenkins Continuous integration tool;
- Git/bitbucket and SVN Source control tools;
- Jira software management tool.
- Extensive experience in Linux and Windows is a plus. Ability to listen and partner to understand requirements, troubleshoot problems or promote the adoption of platforms.
- Preferably experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Cloudwatch, Prometheus.
- Strong spoken and written communication in French and English;
- Solid troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Understanding of database technologies and concepts;
- Good time management and organization skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Can work off hours if needed;
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada Reliability security clearance;
- Ability to work in a team.
Even if you don’t meet all the pre-requisites, we encourage you to apply. Respond with your resume and cover letter. Please note that only resumes with appropriate cover letters will be considered.
Please send your application to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.